Friday, October 31, 2008

MP3 of the Week: "Stop the Election, I Want To Get Off" Edition

I wish I could take credit for that phrase, but it belongs to Salon.com (specifically, the War Room, which I vowed I would never go to again after this is over).

It was in reference to, I can hardly say it, Joe the Plumber's impending record deal. Kill me. Just kill me now. I can't take it any more. Sledgehammer to the head. That's how it should go down.

Meanwhile, in the 48 hours since we posted about the slurs that have been thrown at Obama, we can add Anti-Semite and actually the son of Malcom-X.

Oh and apparently, you cannot be Christian and vote for Obama. Can't happen.

I guess I'm in trouble then.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go ahead and side with the 76 Nobel Prize winners who correctly point out that under the Republican administration, things like Science have been neglected and undercut for political reasons. Not the lady who thinks that humans and dinosaurs co-existed.

Un-fucking-believable. I either need to start drinking more or take a sedative for the next 5 days.

-------------------------------------------------

Let's get back to music.

Maybe this year's "23." Beautiful, atmospheric, and reassuring.

School of 7 Bells - "Face to Face on High Plains"





3 comments:

Adam said...

At least you don't live in Texas anymore, where 23% of people still think Obama is a Muslim...

gk said...

23??? Sheesh.

Well, I talked to Horvath the other day and he said his mom thought he was a Muslim.

Obama, not Horvath. Horvath's white, therefore, clearly not a Muslim.

Adam said...

I wonder what percent of people in Colorado think he is a Muslim. Can't be anywhere close to 23%.

We're complete idiots here in Texas.