Friday, August 08, 2008

Flash Forward: DMS in 10 Years! "The Car Trip"

(We're trying right now to picture what our life is going to be like 10 years from now. Thankfully, we can see in the future so we don't have to think too hard. Here's a glimpse of what we saw.)

Somewhere between South Dakota and Arizona....


DMS: Hey. Hey! HEY! I said stop yelling!

Can you do something about this? I know - I didn't say it was your job. I was just - no ... no ... yes. Fine! I'm sorry! Just can you do something about this??!

Yes, sweetie? You want a snack? OK, how about an apple? What about some carrots? No? You want a cheeseburger? Well sweeties that's not really a - why are you crying. Stop crying. This is no reason to cry. Stop crying. Please. Stop - ... can you make her stop crying?

Hey! Stop throwing things! Be nice to your sister! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! I swear I'll turn this damn car around!! I will! You think I'm joking?! Make another noise and we'll see how much I'm joking!!!

Look, just give him his XBox-mini-720 and he'll be fine. And you can listen to this Apple Martin album. What? I just bought it! What do you mean she's a sell out?! You love Apple! Where on earth did you hear something like that?

What? Ohhhh.... Daddy was just kidding. It was just a joke. Daddy looooves Apple. No, that comment I made about her sitcom being just a means to acquire more drooling teeny-bopper fans in between Pepsi commercials was totally a joke.

STOP HITTING YOUR SISTER!!!! Man, I'm so glad I got that vasectomy!!

What? No... no, Daddy was just kidding again. I know you want a little sister, but I just don't think it's in God's plans, honey...

Look, I apologized. Alright, what do you want me to do?

Where are we anyway?

(Right about here the vision begins to fade out. But it certainly appears to be an enchanted life.)

1 comment:

Steph said...

don't forget, i'll be hitting the window with my fingernail saying, "Geoff, look. It's a (insert store or restaurant name here)!"

:)