Friday, July 04, 2008

MP3 of the Week: "Cheating on Sufjan" Edition

You know how spouses will withhold sex from their partner and then their partner cheats and uses that as an excuse? Well, that's the point we're at with Sufjan Stevens here at Dear Mr. Supercomputer.

Sufjan, since you obviously are just deciding to not produce albums anymore, you've caused us to look elsewhere for our musical and lyrical satisfaction. Our needs are not being satisfied right now and we have officially fallen for Andrew Bird.

Maybe we could reconcile one day, but due to your extreme lack of original material in the form of a proper album for the past few years, we are running away with Andrew Bird. He is to the whistle what you are to the banjo.




Andrew Bird - "Simple X"

4 comments:

Steph said...

yeah, but he's not nearly as hot as your "wife" sufjan.

Anonymous said...

You know, I've had the same kind of thoughts lately. Sufjan is the love of my music life, but lately I've been giving my heart completely to Andrew Bird. It's like an affair I just can't (and don't want to) break off...

I think those two gentlemen are headed for a duel!

scram! said...

Dude, hold up! I've just gotten over Elliott, and am now finding Sufjan 'kinda cute.' The birdm'n will have to wait a minute or two (but I like him f'r sure).

Adam said...

I think you should change the name of your blog. Maybe that would show Sufjan that you're serious. Mabye stir him to action or something.