- Blog. The Update Transformation. Jonny G (shown below, enjoying ACL Fest, was writing blogs back before we knew what a blog was. Way back in 1998, a phenomenon entitled simply The Update swept across Waco, then Texas, then the entire continental United States. Back before describing the minutiae of your life was en vogue, Jonny G was filling our inboxes with the blithe drivel from his daily life. And we loved him for it.
- Concert. Radiohead in Dallas. Tickets go on sale this Saturday at noon.
- Remake of a Movie. Speed, by Team Banana Pants. If you haven't done so yet, vote for their flick. Sure it's a friend's and I'm biased, but it also rules.
- Television. PBS. All we've watched this week is programming from KLRU, the local PBS station. On Monday we learned about Mormons. On Tuesday we learned more about Mormons (and just so you know, we still don't know the difference between a Latter Day Saint and a Jehovah's Witness). Tonight we learned about African Americans on African American Lives 2. Did you know that Don Cheadle is almost 20% European?! Well, neither did he. You could tell he was crushed. I'm not sure when the special on W.A.S.P.s will run, but we'll let you know.
- Beer. Pacifico Clara. Cool, crisp, imported, and an especially long bottle neck that makes it hard to get out of the fridge.
- Album. Muscle n' Flo by Menomena. Yes, it was in our top 10 list for 2007, but the more we listen to it, the more we are enamored by it. It's kind of like 2006 Midlake's Van Occupanther in that it bled over into 2007 in its greatness. Muscle n' Flo reminds us a lot of TV on the Radio's best efforts.
- Democratic Presidential Candidate. Barack Obama. Yes we can. And, um, if anyone knows how to get tickets to the debate at UT-Austin, let us know..... so we can sell them to this guy.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
It's time for a few new DMS-approved endorsements.