Friday, January 18, 2008

MP3 of the Week : "Back to Normal" Edition

It's been an abnormal couple of months around here.

First, there's the birth of Jr. Supercomputer. Then there was the GRE (I destroyed it. I did. But, and this is not a joke, I apparently put my birthdate in incorrectly when I registered. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me. Yes, I may have done well on the GRE, but I can't remember my own birthday.).

Then there was all that list crap. Call it witty. Call it lazy blogging. Whatever.

But as was expressed in the comments in Thursday's insightful post by the only two people left brave enough to have their internet IDs linked to my blog, it's time to get things back to normal around here.

You know: insight and analysis of everything from pop culture to politics. From Cleveland baseball to Cleveland football. From indie-music to alt-indie-music. Yes, we run the gamut here. So what better way to get things back to the way they were than by the never-popular MP3 of the Week series.

-------------

This week's mp3 comes from Austin's own Voxtrot. Placing a gentleman's 19th in the 2007 Songs of the Year: "Introduction." I'm totally a sucker for album openers that don't have a chorus.

Voxtrot - "Introduction"

No comments: