Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Ray Romano : Saving Mankind from Extinction

Over at the Freakonomics blog Stephen Dubner posits a theory as to why global warming is getting more attention now than ever: it's the kids.

For all of Al Gore's trumpeting, Dubner suggests that the theme of human overreach and/or climate change in recent kids movies like Ice Age 2 : The Meltdown (I guess) is impacting on how and the frequency in which global warming is reported.

I'm not totally convinced. Personally, I think the evidence is just too freaking incontrivertable now. But still, it's a fun mind exercise to think that Dennis Leary has more to do with alerting the world to global warming than Al Gore and all scientists combined.

1 comment:

Adam said...

That was a terrible horrible movie (yes, I saw it...against my will). Believe me, nothing good came out of it. Nothing.